Maxi-Pedia Forum

Schengen Visa => Schengen Visa Q&A => Topic started by: fuzeta on January 05, 2012, 01:14:48 pm

Title: Am. citizen in Shengen country wanting to marry EU citizen
Post by: fuzeta on January 05, 2012, 01:14:48 pm

I have been in shengen country ( sweden)  for a couple of weeks and I want to marry my fianceĆ© who is a swedish citizen. Is there going to be any problems?I do know that when we are married I will have to apply for swedish recidensy, but will I have to go back to the States? Even though I have about 2  months left in Shengen country?
To me that would be a waste of money and time if I would go back, since I want to live with my soon to be wife in Sweden and work here,and there is a perfectly good US embassy in Stockholm.

I dont have a visa, since i went as a tourist.

Anyone know how this works?