Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 09:02:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

How often are dividends paid out?

(Read 24191 times)
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 17, 2008, 02:04:44 pm »

Hi,

I can't remember, how often do companies pay out dividends? Is it 4x a year or just 1x a year? I think some companies do it so, and some companies do it the other way - is there some key to this, or what is the best way to find out? If I look at Coca-Cola, where do I find out how often they pay out dividends?

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 17, 2008, 02:04:44 pm »

sunset
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:32:43 pm »

Hi,

I can't remember, how often do companies pay out dividends? Is it 4x a year or just 1x a year? I think some companies do it so, and some companies do it the other way - is there some key to this, or what is the best way to find out? If I look at Coca-Cola, where do I find out how often they pay out dividends?

US dividend stocks usually pay out quarterly, buy it is more of a common practice than a rule of thumb. Some stocks pay out in only 3 out of 4 quarters. One quarter is added to the following dividend. This has some tax advantages.

In any case, the dividend payout date is known in advance. You can go to the shareholders meeting and if your vote is strong enough, you can change the dividend payout frequency. Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.00099999999999999s, 0q)