Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 12:06:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Does duration of stay increase with 2 simultaneous Schengen visas?

(Read 5663 times)
onur
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:46:53 pm »

I have 2 simultaneous Schengen visas on my passport: 1 for study and 1 for touristic visit. I entered Portugal on February 11 with type D visa, did not exit since and the duration of stay (120 days) will expire on June 9th, but I want to stay longer. My type C visa (touristic) is valid until July 3. Can I use type C visa after the expiration of type D visa, or is it also considered as expired since I will have been present in Schengen area for more than 90 days already, which is the duration limit of my type C visa? If I exit Schengen area and come back should I switch to my type C visa?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 03:26:52 pm by onur » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 22, 2016, 06:46:53 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 10:05:27 am »

The 90 days rule applies only to the tourist visa, it does not apply to the study (national) visa. So your 90 days on your C visa starts counting after the national visa expires.
onur
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:09 pm »

Thanks for your answer. SEF center at Porto, Portugal (sef.pt) said that it is a problem. So I am still not sure if I might have any issues at the borders of Schengen countries. Is there any official doc that describes this?

The 90 days rule applies only to the tourist visa, it does not apply to the study (national) visa. So your 90 days on your C visa starts counting after the national visa expires.
danisara

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 08:23:08 am »

Sorry, Steven was only partially correct. Having student visa after tourist visa - it is the situation when the 90/180 rule does not apply. Unfortunately, it does not work the other way around. Having tourist visa after student visa - the 90/180 rules does apply. See a quote from official document cited in this thread:

Schengen tourist visa after study visa expires
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=288.0

See this part:

(2) stayed in the Czech Republic/Schengen area based on a Schengen visa
and their subsequent stay will be based on a Czech national visa (these
visas are issued only in exceptional cases)

This is the only exception available.

Note, the thread is about the Czech Republic, but it applies to Portugal as well, the Schengen code applies to all Schengen countries the same way.
onur
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:10:00 am »

Thanks a lot Danisara, my tourist visa was before my student visa so I think I'm good at this point to spend my tourist visa days...

Sorry, Steven was only partially correct. Having student visa after tourist visa - it is the situation when the 90/180 rule does not apply. Unfortunately, it does not work the other way around. Having tourist visa after student visa - the 90/180 rules does apply.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)