Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:55:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Residence Permit vs. traveling as a tourist

(Read 3177 times)
GraceMican

« on: May 31, 2016, 01:57:32 am »

I am currently living in Spain with a residence permit that expires on July 14th. I have a friend who understood the rules to be that if I leave the Schengen area (I'll be traveling to Dublin on July 9th) that I would be able to re-enter as a tourist, which would give me the 90 days allowed for Tourists (although at maximum I would just want to stay another week or two). Does anyone have any insight into this?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 31, 2016, 01:57:32 am »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 12:33:10 pm »

Hello, if you reside in Spain on the basis of a long-term visa or residence permit, the time spent in Spain does not count towards the 90/180 rule, the time is not included in the time spent in the Schengen area (90 days in any 180-day period). In the event that the residence permit expires, you can stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period in the territories of the other Schengen states, up until you must leave the Schengen area.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)