Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:33:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Italy Long-stay Visa

(Read 3379 times)
Tripper

« on: July 28, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »

I travel on a U.S. passport.  In 2017, I would like to stay in Italy for 5 months, thus I need a long-stay visa.  During these 5 months, I would like to visit Hungary for a few days.  The information on the long-stay Italian visa says it is only good for that country and that the visa-holder cannot use it to travel to a different country. 

Would the following be legal? Could I use a Schengen Visa for the first 90 days and spend 70 days in Italy and 20 days in Hungary?  (Italy and Hungary are both Schengen countries.)  Next, could I have my long-stay Italian visa commence on the 91st day even though it would not be my first day in Italy?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 28, 2016, 04:28:07 pm »

yaris

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:56:41 am »

Hi, as a U.S. citizen, you can travel to any Schengen country visa free, assuming you satisfy the 90/180 days rule. If you wish to remain in any Schengen country longer than 90 days in any consecutive 180 days, you need the long-term visa for that country. This long-term visa for a particular Schengen country does not affect your visa free travel to other Schengen countries, again, under the condition of the 90/180 rule now applicable to you visa-free Schengen countries. So, you can stay in Italy on your long-term visa and paralel to that take a trip to Hungary under the regular visa-free status. Enjoy your journey.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.602 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)