Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 03:55:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

visa and appeal rejected: what is the next step?

(Read 3603 times)
lisagril

« on: August 03, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »

Hello everybody

I am from cameroon and resident in the philippines since 4 years. I applied for a visa schenghen for Spain (sport program of 45 days already paid which includes accommodation and food for 45 days) but both had been rejected for 3 main reasons:
1/ "justification for the purpose and conditions  of the intended stay was not provided"
2/ " you have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intented stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence...."
3/ "your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained"

I provided all the required documents from the list in the website of the spanish consulate: - letter of invitation from the director of the sport program, - Invoice of the program mentioning what includes the fees, - a bank statement with the amount of 200 000 pesos (which is pocket money because everything is already paid), - flight ticket with the departure and return dates (already paid also), - confirmation of enrollment from my school here in the philippines, - my ACR student visa.

When I made the appeal I added the contract of lease for the unit I am renting in the philippines.

So now frankly I don't know what to do because I don't know which other documents I should provide more than I already attached??

Also my appeal folder was treated by the same agent who checked my visa application and denied it. But I read that the appeal must be done by someone different. Is it correct? 
By the way, during the interview he didn't even read my application and the documents attached he just asked me 3 questions and asked me to come back 2 hours later for more questions. Instead I got from a different person the notification of refusal.

Please can someone give me some advices: should I re apply? if yes which other documents I should provide?

thank you very much.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 03, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:50:36 am »

Hi, I am sorry to hear about such practice. Which embassy was that and in which city?

Unfortunately, some embassy officers are known to pay insufficient amount of attention to the content of visa applications and just reject applications without enough respect. That is also why the concept of an appeal exists. An applicant has the right for a second review. The fact that your appeal was handled by the same officer as the original application (can you prove it? is his or her name written on any document?) would be a good reason and supporting evidence to win this case in court. The original application and the appeal must be handled by separate bodies, that is the core principle of an appeal. But before you head out to the court, you can try sending a courteous letter to the director of the embassy informing him about the malpractice you pointed out. If that does not help, then you can try a court and perhaps also local media.

To your other points, he might have reviewed your documents before you entered the office. What questions did he ask you during the interview?

In regards to the proof of sufficient means of subsitence, 100 euros per each day of travel in your savings account is considered "sufficient". In regards to your intention to leave the territory, do you have an employment in your home country? A proof of your employment and a confirmation of your leave of absence from your employer would help argue against this statement of the embassy. Good luck with your case, come back, post your experience for other travelers to learn. Thanks.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)