Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

July 06, 2020, 02:05:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

First time traveler

 (Read 1622 times)
Posts: 1

« on: August 08, 2016, 06:34:54 am »

Hello, my name is Gabriel. I am soon making a trip to Poland on August 15, 2016 from USA. I recently started to stress about the 90/180 Rule for the Visa. To make this story short, I plan to move with my partner but I don't want to leave Poland for 3 months. In fact, this is the first time leaving my country and of course I'm pretty scared to be wandering to another Non Schengen Zone for 3 months. Despite leaving the Schegen Zone, is there's a way or is it possible to leave the country for 1 night or at least 1 week the most to reset my 90 days stay? We actually have an apartment and I don't want to be having "2" homes and nevertheless be away for 3 months. I've been reading so many things in the Internet and still can't have that peace of mind with all this information I read. Bottom line, is it possible to leave the country for 1 night or at least a week? Please, anyone that has knowledge about this type of situation, please let me know. I am a US citizen and I have not travel anywhere outside my very own state. My partner and I have been working in finding out. He has no problem since he arrived to Poland on July 1st and will be going to school on October 2nd so, he has his visa all in place. At this moment we are having a small trouble figuring out if I can leave the country that I don't need to stay out for too long. Thank you! Gabriel.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:34:54 am »

Sr. Member
Posts: 280

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:42:15 am »

Hi Gabriel, if you travel as a tourist (i.e. tourist visa, for U.S. citizens practically visa free). You need to comply with the 90/180 rule. This rule is explained in The Schengen acquis, Title II, C H A P T E R 3, Visas, SECTION 1, Short-stay visas, Article 11, paragraph 1 (a) as follows:

(a) a travel visa valid for one or more entries,
provided that neither the length of a continuous visit
nor the total length of successive visits exceeds three
months in any half-year, from the date of first entry;

The rule also means that leaving Poland (or the Schengen zone) for one night does not help you. The 180 days timeframe in the 90/180 rule is a moving period. You are allowed to spend a maximum of up to 90 days in Poland not in a specific period of 180 days, but in ANY 180 days. You need to apply for a long-term visa or for a residence permin (if you already are in Poland). Enjoy your stay.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)