Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstay - Schengen Visa

(Read 5031 times)
rayyanali

« on: August 08, 2016, 07:44:18 am »

My question is that i was over stay almost 6 months but when going back i got penalty of €180 on CDG airport and also got stamp on passport of penalty so my question is in future can i get visa again? although i have reason that why i overstay. And the immigration officer told me show this stamp in your embassy so you can get visa again is it true? Please advice
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 08, 2016, 07:44:18 am »

rayyanali

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 09:04:50 am »

waiting for expert advise? Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
danisara

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:26:14 am »

Hello, The good news is that a 180 euro fine for a 6 months overstay is relatively cheap. Another good news is that the 180 euro fine is the punishment that you got for your overstay. One of very basic principles in European legal system is that you should not be punished twice for the same offense. This is called the "ne bis in idem" principle. So, your previous overstay should NOT be considered in your future Schengen visa apllications. Unfortunately, the visa officer at the embassy can consider your travel history and still deny your application with one of the other "meaningless" phrases. Therefore, have (save) this argumentation and also your explanation of your visa overstay for your appeal letter in case your future visa application will get denied. Read also this post on similar topic:

Ban to enter Schengen area (Poland) - ne bis in diem
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=965.msg2608#msg2608
rayyanali

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:21:51 am »

Thanks danisara for reply.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)