Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 12:52:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

UNIQUE PROBLEM- Have not been getting caught but i have been overstaying

(Read 4963 times)
capri94

« on: August 22, 2016, 10:51:07 pm »

Hello,

I am a US citizen.
Received a longterm visa in 2013 to study in France for one year. Upon arrival I messed up my prefecture appointment and never got my carte de sejour. I know french law accepts late renewals, however my school refused to help me with the process.

I have have studied for 2 years past my expiry date, travelled around Europe during break, but i have never been caught at the border or fined. I even return to the States each winter and summer.... I have to keep going back to Europe just so i can finish my education because my father is in his late stages of alzheimers and my mother has been diagnosed with cancer.

This summer i want to try and go to the french embassy in my hometown in the states and try to get an entirely new visa. However i am scared of their data base, when applying will it notice my frequent re-entry process and catch me which in turn will deny my current visa application?

More importantly can French officials deny my education when graduating ?

Thank you anyone for any tips or help Huh Huh

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 22, 2016, 10:51:07 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 12:16:28 pm »

The travelers database (the VIS system) includes all arrival and departure dates. The database gets the data from airlines when you do your checin a the airport. So, thechnically, yes, all your travel history may be considered upon your new visa application. Whether it will or will not be considered is at the discrecy of the officer reviewing your application.
capri94

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:38:54 pm »

The travelers database (the VIS system) includes all arrival and departure dates. The database gets the data from airlines when you do your checin a the airport. So, thechnically, yes, all your travel history may be considered upon your new visa application. Whether it will or will not be considered is at the discrecy of the officer reviewing your application.

Ok thanks for the reply, so basically just like going through the border it all depends on how they review my file..... You wouldnt know where i can go to read up on how they review applications would you? Also if they reject my visa does it automatically result in a ban within the schengen zone?
porsche

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »

just like going through the border it all depends on how they review my file

Exactly. If you read through this forum, you can find people who have submitted everything necessary for the visa and still were denied with one of the meaningless denial phrases. No, visa denial does not result in a ban. Ban is issued only in serious cases of misconduct (for example if you were caught trafficking people cross the border and such).
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)