Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

What do you think about Obama?

(Read 29410 times)
sunset
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 25, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »

Hey everyone!

What are your thoughts on Obama so far? I think he has a good start so far. When I look at today's press..

Selecting good names for his government.
Obama promotes fiscal restraint as counterpoint to spending plans (we really do need this!)
Government plans new program to aid credit issuers

I think all these are good points.

President-elect Barack Obama wants to project fiscal restraint even as his economic team assembles a massive recovery package that could cost several hundred billion dollars. A day after introducing the captains of his economic team and promoting a giant jobs plan, Obama on Tuesday was to lay out his budget belt-tightening vision. The dual images -- big spender and disciplined budget watcher -- were designed to give both political and economic assurances to the public, the Congress and the financial markets.

The government is working on a new loan program to help companies that issue credit cards, make student loans and finance car purchases, people familiar with the plan said Tuesday.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 25, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 06:04:08 pm »

I'm backing him and hope he changes this country, but I think it is way too early to judge. He is not even a president yet.
TanyVady73
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:29:49 am »

i think he is runnning the country goddright now, i wanted mccain to win though but idc obama will do good
nolosoft
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 09:38:46 pm »

I am getting lost with his intentions with health care. Is it going to be here like in Canada?
InForumz
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 02:52:13 am »

I think that if he were to take his oath seriously. The one he took when he was inaugurated. Specifically the part about defending the country from enemies both foreign and domestic. He would jump out of air force one without a parachute. All hail Barack Hussein Obama, the supreme ruler of the world. He's following the long lived tradition of crapping on the constitution and seizing power for the government by stealing the freedoms of the American people. Under the new plans you will be required to pay for government provided or approved health insurance with your company and companies will be forced to auto enroll you in retirement. This may sound like a good idea to some but I think that any time the government tells you what you HAVE to spend your money on, they have crossed the line. Besides if we had a responsible immigration policy and the beauracrats in Washington hadn't been spending all of our Social Security contributions, we could just use that. I have not seen one thing that he's done that has benefited the American people. Borrow money from China to stimulate the economy, what a joke.  Specifically in the long run. Baracks policies will undermind the dollar kill our economy and force us into the North American Union, which will destroy our constitution. A peacfull coop if you will. Oh by the way, the Constitution is one of the few documents in the world coupled with a bill of rights. And for you curious ones out there the dollar sign is a sine wave with two parallel bars running through the center. For me this stands for stabilization in the wake of societal trends. I for one am not sure that a government not bound by the constitution will be able to accomplish this. Specifically if it is run by centralized power or the purely the will of a people led by a biased media.

I challange all who read this post. Turn off your television for as long as you can. Read more. Go buy some books. Search the web. Shake off the illusion that has been put about you and use your own mind to evaluate the state of our union and the direction it's headed. Ask your self how can we really change this country for the better. I for one would offer up campaign reform for a start. But whatever you come up with use your own mind and not a regurgitated product of the mainstream media.
nolosoft
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 11:44:13 am »

Under the new plans you will be required to pay for government provided or approved health insurance with your company and companies will be forced to auto enroll you in retirement.

Something really needs to be done with health care. Is it fair to pay $500 to have tooth cavity fixed? Is it fair to pay $18,000 for appendix removal? How many kids get out of college already paying mortgage on their health? How many elderly go without health care because they can not afford one? Being a doctor completely defies the principle of solidarity in the US. Doctors here are not to "help" but to become superrich quickly! It is just a bad business, and it is only good that the government finally steps in and does something about it.
Horor

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 06:15:33 am »

Hi,
In my point of view , He is a good president of USA
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)