Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 24, 2024, 11:42:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Another Tax Stimulus rebate in 2009?

(Read 9601 times)
mismas

« on: November 25, 2008, 03:09:55 pm »

Late in the summer I heard about the government considering another tax stimulus rebate for 2009 which would be somewhere upwards of $150 billion. This woudl equal to some $700 - $800 per person.

As part of Obama's campaigning effort, Obama has proposed a tax rebate that would give each person around $1000 to help offset rising good and gas prices with the hopes of increasing consumer spending.

Does anyone have any info about this? Are you optimistic it will go through? And if it did, would you spend it or save it? Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 25, 2008, 03:09:55 pm »

mod

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:24 pm »

Yeah, there are some rumors about another Tax Stimulus Rebate for 2009 to help spur consumer spending. They are referring to this one as Son of Stimulus.

Ben Bernanke endorsed on the Oct 20th the possibility of another tax rebate sometime in 2009. Again, the point of this rebate is to stimulate the economy by giving cash to the people to start spending. According to the White House, they are high on the idea of another stimulus package in addition to the $700 billion dollar bail out plan passed a few weeks ago.

atari

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:34:11 pm »

I doubt the 2009 tax stimulus rebate will do anything to jump start the economy.

The last tax rebate has not demonstrated that it did much to help.

I can tell you right now that if I receive anything from it, it will be going straight into the bank into my emergency stash. Besides, you never know when the government will be asking for it back in the form of a tax increase later!
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)