Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 18, 2024, 02:33:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

visa refused, what now...?

(Read 5714 times)
sonya
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

Hello everyone, thanks for reading. I would like some advice.....appeal or wait a few weeks and then make a new apply?
Me and my husband (and son) have been to Srilanka three times, first time in 2002 without child. We met our friend back then and kept on writing all the years in between. Meanwhile, he got married and also got a son. We spend last August together and are making plans to rebuild his property into a guesthouse. Therefore we have to make and discuss plans.

We asked for a visa for our Srilankan friend to visit us in Holland for 10 days. We send all documents requested, including the plane tickets. Now it has been refused 2 times and we are so disappointed and don't know what's the best thing to do.

Swiss Embassy in Colombo who takes care of the requests for Holland, tell me when I call they cannot give information to me (the third party), so I spend a lot of time finding information how to appeal. The information that goes with the refusal doesn't say it has to be in French, German or Swiss f.i.
Does that mean I have to make the letter of appeal, get it translated in German and then send it to SriLanka. In Srilanka it needs to be signed and forwarded to the adress in Swiss. All within the next 3 weeks, as already one week has passed.

or is it better to work out more details, such as drawings or maps, to convince the Embassy we are willing to invest in Sri Lanka and start a new apply in a few weeks after the holiday season?
Thank you, Sonya
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:36 am »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 10:32:20 pm »

Since the application has been denied two times already, I would see an appeal as a more viable option compared to a new visa application. To file an appeal, you need to write an appeal letter, for your convenience, something similar to this sample visa appeal letter:

http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/sample_visa_appeal.htm

and to support your case with sound reasons and documentation. In case the reason for your friend's visa refusal is the "Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained" or "The information provided about the purpose and the conditions of intended stay was not reliable", you might find the following page listing Schengen Visa supporting documents handy:

http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=632.0

If the visa letter is in English, I would expect the visa appeal letter in English to be ok.

Good luck.
sonya
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:19:33 am »

thank you very much for your reply Danisara, those two were the reasons of denial indeed. I decided to send the appeal...now let's see what happens!
danisara

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:00:34 pm »

Hello, did you get any response from the embassy yet? Just currious, where did you send the appeal to, or did you bring it in person?
sonya
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 09:15:26 am »

Hi Danisara,

The letter for appeal I wrote in German, then send it to my Srilankan friend as he is the applicant. Let him sign it and bring it to Colombo. The office in Colombo forwarded it to Swiss. Now we are awaitening. I understood later that I could have send it myself and didn't have to pay the 200 Swiss Francs... Embarrassed but again, it is very difficult to find the right procedure.
danisara

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 02:13:33 pm »

I agree, most legal procedures are complicated. Hopefully this forum is beneficial to people who need any guidance on anything related to visa. It has been quite a while since you submitted your visa appeal, almost a month, isn't it?
sonya
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 03:45:56 pm »

Yes it's been a good 5 weeks now. I send an email this morning, they say it is still pending...
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)