Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 01:31:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Wife with dual citizenship can I stay past 90 days?

(Read 4189 times)
Artsy Wood

« on: November 16, 2016, 09:50:00 am »

My wife has US and Italian passports and I only have US. We  may not be leaving until after 90 days on through a US militay air base. We did not get our passports stamped on arrival in Germany. Will I have any problem or is being the spouse of an Italian citizen? Thanks for any assistance or links to websites.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 16, 2016, 09:50:00 am »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 06:32:55 pm »

Not quite sure if I follow your question. Does your question refer to a problem from not having you passports stamped? If that is the case, then no. Passports are not stamped at the border control regularly. Many passengers are just face-checked without getting any stamp into their passport and without having their passport scanned.
Artsy Wood

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:19 pm »

Thank you. That is the part I was most concerned with. We came in through a US Air Force base in Germany, I'm retired military flying on military aircraft, if that makes any difference. The other part that I was not sure about when I posted was the 90/180 rule. Will that affect me with my wife having an Italian passport. I just read something similar here about a "spouse extended stay" visa, or something to that effect. Should I get that now or just wait until we return, which was hopefully going to be in Feb./Mar time frame. I am in the process of applying for my IT passport
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 07:01:32 pm by Artsy Wood » Logged
steven

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 02:04:32 pm »

No, accessing Germany through a military base does not make a difference, it does not matter whether you get to Germany via airplane, military airplane, bus, train, car, or a baloon. The fact that your spouse is Italian national does not have effect on your visa status, or on the period of time allowed for stay by the visa (the 90/180 rule). But it makes it easier for you, as a spouse of EU national, to get a permanent residence in the Schengen zone - if that is something that you would like to consider. Or, you can apply for a long-term Schengen visa (the fact that your wife is an EU national would help in that case as well).
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)