Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:57:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

What can I do to stay studying in Spain without breaking the 90/180 rule?

(Read 3252 times)
draikxoxo

« on: December 14, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »

I am currently studying abroad in a masters program in Spain (under a tourist visa as the program duration was under 90 days and I can legally be allowed in the Schengen area for up to 90 days without a student visa).

However, I have decided to stay in the masters program here from which would last from January 10th to June 15th.

I have an appointment with the Spanish Consulate in the States on Jan. 3rd, but have to be back in Spain by the 10th...

Is it possible to leave my passport with the Spanish Consulate, fly to Spain under an emergency U.S. passport, and then have my parents mail my passport when the visa is processed?

Or how can I go about staying in Europe without breaking the 90/180 day rule?

For the record, these are my dates in the Schengen area:

June 4th-7th
Sept. 25th-Oct. 7th
Oct. 9th-Nov. 4th
Nov 6th-Dec. 16th
Dec. 18th-Dec. 22nd

AND possibly
Jan. 8th-June 15th (with some U.K. breaks in between)
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »

Is it possible to leave my passport with the Spanish Consulate, fly to Spain under an emergency U.S. passport, and then have my parents mail my passport when the visa is processed?

That is exactly how secondary passports are often used. If you wish to stay in Spain over 90 days within a 180 days period, you will need a student visa, or a permanent residence in Spain.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)