Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Overstay Switzerland

(Read 3298 times)
ID

« on: January 10, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »

Hello!

I am an American, I stayed in Switzerland and had an accidental overstay this past year (left August 3rd). Essentially, my overstay was because I actually came BACK to Europe from the States too early, and so that caused the issue when I left, I actually could have stayed longer but I had just come back too early within the 90/180 period...

SO, my question is who can I contact about this? I haven't received anything from the government and I have tried reaching out to embassies here to find out who to contact and have found no answer after all this time. I would like to go back to Schengen Area this May or so, but I can't plan this if I have the risk of not being allowed in obviously.

Please if anyone knows WHO to contact to sort this out in terms of Switzerland or Schengen in general it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I.D.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 10, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »

yaris

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 10:50:55 am »

The experience is that you do not get any answer on this. Other travelers wanting to know their status have contacted embassies and have not received any answer. The good news, however, is that if you do not get caught overstaying at the border upon your departure, you can most likely ignore it. The point where you would get punished for your overstay (if at all) is the departure from the Schengen zone, not the arrival into the Schengen zone.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)