Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 20, 2024, 06:05:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Long term overstay

(Read 3417 times)
Gears

« on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »

I have lived & worked in Malta for 2 years, I have a legal work & residence permit. I moved here with my wife, a Canadian citizen, and my 7 year old daughter. When we moved here, I did not register them...and they have now basically overstayed for 2 years... I want to fix the situation, but I am worried about the consequences. Can anyone give me advice? I dont want my family to be split up...
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:36:20 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:32:29 am »

When an EU national works abroad in another EU (Schengen) country, family members also have the right to reside and work in that country, regardless of their nationality, and children have the right to be educated there. There is a chance that Canada has some reciprocal agreement with Malta, and since you have a residence permit from Malta, your relatives might be eligible for one too, and technically not having overstayed. You can always aks general questions (not saying your name) at the residence-permit-issuing bureau to find out your options.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)