Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 03:28:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstay

(Read 3253 times)
Nowwhatitaly?

« on: February 04, 2017, 05:17:47 pm »

Hi there, I am a Canadian Citizen and arrived in Italy on Oct 1. I had an injury where I fell on my ribs and couldn't do anything for about a month and a half. I have X rays and Prescriptions from the doctor. I actually thought I could stay for six months and just realized it's 90 days... no one told me upon my arrival. So I have been here a month and some days longer. I am not sure what will happen but I would like to return in a couple of weeks. Also, I reunited with my ex here and he is getting a letter from the center he volunteers for, he is also a Canadian but retired here and has a lease for an apartment and his Code Di Fiscale. I just don't want to go and then have to wait... he also has a terminal illness. I hope it's clear. What is the best thing to do?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 04, 2017, 05:17:47 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:43:36 pm »

Hi, you have two viable options. In case you want to stay here just for a temporary period of time, you might want to apply for an extension to your visa due to health issues that prevented you from leaving Italy in time. You will need to get some stamps and letters from doctors for this. You can read more about Schengen visa extension here, I just replied about the same topic to someone else:

Schengen visa extension
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1283.msg3152#msg3152

In case you expect to stay in Italy for a relatively long time, you might be eligible for a permanent residence status (taking care of your relative - I am assuming he or she already has some legal long-term presence status).

Cheers.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)