Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 20, 2024, 11:51:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Few Queries

(Read 3319 times)
msudershan2

« on: February 13, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

Reading all the horror stories on Schengen Visa Refusal are just making me go nuts. Just to introduce myself, I am from Delhi, India. I am an Indian Citizen. I studied in the UK (3 Years BSc + 1 Year MSc) and worked there for 2 years. During that time I went twice to Switzerland, once to Spain and twice to Portugal. however, these trips were almost in 2010/2011/12 and I stayed in the UK from Oct 2006 to Sep 2012.  I make approx. EUR 35,000 per annum in India which is quite a handsome salary in India. I have around EUR 19,000 in my account and my parents have around EUR 200,000 in their bank accounts. I am going to meet friends who will join me in Amsterdam from the UK and Ireland. Now I have few questions:

1. Do I attach a copy of my previous passport showing UK Student Visa, UK Post-Study Work Visa, and Schengen Visas?

2. Shall I apply only on basis of Tourist or shall I tell them that I will meet my friends too? Only thing I am afraid of if I tell them friends and then they have to do all the crazy stuff like getting verified at local municipality

3. Do I need to tell Netherlands embassy out loud that obviously if I have returned from the UK / Switzerland / Spain / Portugal due to my family and social ties, I'll also return from Netherlands?

4. Do you think using a consultant would be of help, even though I have done all my applications in the past on my own?

5. How fair you think are my chances of visa acceptance? I am 28 years old and single

6. Shall I submit my parent's bank statements?

7. Shall I tell them EUR 35,000 in India is pretty handsome salary as per Indian standards?

8. Also, I have booked Air France, so I am going from Airport Charles de Gaulle to Terminal Schiphol Airport? Do you think I just need a single entry. Once I have immigration done at France, I don't think I have to immigration check in Amsterdam

FYI, I haven't been abroad for like 4 years now

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 13, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »

yaris

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:05:55 pm »

1. Do I attach a copy of my previous passport showing UK Student Visa, UK Post-Study Work Visa, and Schengen Visas?
I assume you have a new passport now. Attaching your previous passports to your visa application is not required, but demonstrating your history of being a good traveler might help. However, I would not hurry submitting it. Your visas can as well indicate that you have intentions to emigrate to Europe. I would leave this documentation for the second round, for an appeal, in case that comes up.

2. Shall I apply only on basis of Tourist or shall I tell them that I will meet my friends too? Only thing I am afraid of if I tell them friends and then they have to do all the crazy stuff like getting verified at local municipality
Traveling as a tourist includes meeting friends.

3. Do I need to tell Netherlands embassy out loud that obviously if I have returned from the UK / Switzerland / Spain / Portugal due to my family and social ties, I'll also return from Netherlands?
Yes, you need to stress out that you do have "family and social ties" in India. If you fail to prove this point, your application might get denied with the reason: "Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained".

4. Do you think using a consultant would be of help, even though I have done all my applications in the past on my own?
No.

5. How fair you think are my chances of visa acceptance? I am 28 years old and single.
Impossible to estimate. Factors such as the mood of a particular officer come into play.

6. Shall I submit my parent's bank statements?
It is not necessary, and I do not see it as beneficial. You just need to prove that YOU have enough means to support your self. You must establish that you have sufficient means of subsistence.

7. Shall I tell them EUR 35,000 in India is pretty handsome salary as per Indian standards?
Not necessary.

8. Also, I have booked Air France, so I am going from Airport Charles de Gaulle to Terminal Schiphol Airport? Do you think I just need a single entry. Once I have immigration done at France, I don't think I have to immigration check in Amsterdam
Applying single vs. multiple entry visa does not increase or lower your chances.

Good luck to you.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)