Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Student Visa Expired 3 days ago

(Read 3863 times)
B_Diggity Dog

« on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:41 pm »

Hi there

I am an Australian citizen who was studying in the Czech Republic under the erasmus program, and i have a long term travel visa that lists the valid dates as from the 23/10/2016 - 10/2/2017. I applied for a long term schengen visa and listed the dates above as they are the beginning and end of the university semester, however i wish to stay 1 month longer as a regular tourist.

I wanted to travel to France and Germany before returning to Czech on the 12th of March as I will be leaving the majority of my luggage at the student accommodation whilst i travel around visiting friends in these countries, but i am concerned that i will not be allowed back in the czech republic as my visa has expired.

Will i have problems entering the Czech republic again when i finish my travels? the last thing i want to happen is to be stranded without the majority of my luggage and have to find another way to get it home. I was planning on flying home from Prague on the 16th of March. If i were to fly into Prague to stay for a few more nights would i be stopped by immigration officials? what is the process when a student visa expires? Can i automatically convert to a regular tourist under the 90 day rule?

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 15, 2017, 10:55:41 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:23:24 pm »

As Australian citizens are (for the purpose of short-term travel) exempted from the visa requirement for Schengen countries, subsequent to your student visa, you can travel (short-term) on tourist visa. Nevertheless, you need to be concerned with the 90/180 rule. This rule says that you are allowed to stay in the Schengen zone up to 90 days within any 180-days period. Having tourist visa after the student visa, the 90/180 rule still applies. This topic has been discussed in this thread:

Student visa subsequent to tourist visa
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1042.msg2768#msg2768

Hope this helps.
B_Diggity Dog

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:25:36 pm »

Hi there

Thank you very much. That is super helpful and I really appreciate your reply!
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)