Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 01:44:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Is this Overstay?

(Read 3559 times)
TheKaledonian

« on: March 08, 2017, 02:23:34 am »

My wife is Chinese.  I am British. We live in Australia.  She has visa, issued in China by France, which is from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017, and which permits 90 days per visit.  We plan to enter Shengen states on 15 June 2017 and stay until 15 July 2017. We will cross by Ferry with motorhome Dover to Calais to Dover. She will have entered before expiry of the visa and will have exited before the 90 days. Would this count as an "Overstay"? Is there a way to "extend" the visa while in Schengen state, or before travel? Or will she need a new visa? (Just for comparison, my visa for China allows 60 days in China so long as I enter before the expiry date of the visa)
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: March 08, 2017, 02:23:34 am »

yaris

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2017, 10:07:03 am »

Hi, I understand your wife's visa expires on 30 June 2017. That is the day on which she must leave the Schengen zone at latest. After the expiration of visa, she is not allowed to legally stay within the Schengen zone. An extension to Schengen visa is possible, however, one needs to have a real reason for that, see here for more details:

Extension to Schengen visa
(http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1054.msg2770#msg2770)
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)