Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 09:19:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

overstayed german schengen visa due to airports strike

(Read 3703 times)
eslamhassany91

« on: March 28, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »

dear all , i am a 25 years old egyptian citizen , working in saudi arabia . i was granted the german schengen visa to attend the international tourism fair in berlin , the travel dates were from the 7th to 13th of march . and the visa was only a week .so it ends on the 13th of march . and i had all intentions to leave as scheduled . however for my bad luck . there has been a strike in german airports and hundreds of flights were canceled and delayed . my flight was delayed at first to the 14th of march and i didnt notice that i was beyond my visa limits . when i got to the airport on the 14th i was shocked that the strike was still on , and all flights are still canceled , my flight was delayed by the carrier to 16th of march . and they gave me the new tickets at the airport , so in general i stayed for more 3 days .. when i went to the airport on the 16th the immigration officer was very angry and told me why did i stayed so long , i told him about the strike he said i know , but told me that i should have gone to the borders police or something like that to fill a document . i told him that i didnt know i had to do that . he was so angry , but then he stamped the passport and told me not to overstay when i come again . he didnt ask me to sign anything of pay a fine or so .. but im super worried about all this , i would like to know if im safe and can apply again for german visa , or its a problem and a ban or blacklist .. i have intentions to go again , so what are my chances ?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: March 28, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:54 pm »

dear all , i am a 25 years old egyptian citizen , working in saudi arabia . i was granted the german schengen visa to attend the international tourism fair in berlin , the travel dates were from the 7th to 13th of march . and the visa was only a week .so it ends on the 13th of march . and i had all intentions to leave as scheduled . however for my bad luck . there has been a strike in german airports and hundreds of flights were canceled and delayed . my flight was delayed at first to the 14th of march and i didnt notice that i was beyond my visa limits . when i got to the airport on the 14th i was shocked that the strike was still on , and all flights are still canceled , my flight was delayed by the carrier to 16th of march . and they gave me the new tickets at the airport , so in general i stayed for more 3 days .. when i went to the airport on the 16th the immigration officer was very angry and told me why did i stayed so long , i told him about the strike he said i know , but told me that i should have gone to the borders police or something like that to fill a document . i told him that i didnt know i had to do that . he was so angry , but then he stamped the passport and told me not to overstay when i come again . he didnt ask me to sign anything of pay a fine or so .. but im super worried about all this , i would like to know if im safe and can apply again for german visa , or its a problem and a ban or blacklist .. i have intentions to go again , so what are my chances ?

Based on the information you have provided, I would not worry. You definitely do not have to worry about being banned from future entry, that applies to serious offences. Since you were not asked to pay any fine at that moment, you can disregard that option too, they do not send any bill later to traveler's address. And since you did not even have to sign anything, it appears from your description of the situation that you were given just a warning, that is all. In any case, inability to leave the territory due to a strike can be considered a force majeure. The officer most likely suggested that you should have applied for a visa extension. Most travelers have no knowledge of such possibility.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)