Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstay Schengen Visa Date Few Days

(Read 4680 times)
yellowcab21

« on: April 09, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

Hi,

Im a US citizen and I just want to be 100% correct and make sure I understand the 90/180 days rule. I came to Madrid to study and have a Schengen visa typeD, Multi Entry and expires on July 25, 2017. Is there any problem if I stay until July 31st? or even August 6th? Im going to be traveling all month of July and going in and out of the Schengen countries. After July 25 Im planning to be in Paris, Monaco and Spain.

Thanks! 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 08:23:19 pm by yellowcab21 » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 09, 2017, 07:30:09 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 03:05:00 pm »

Since you are a US Citizen, on July 26, 2017 you switch from the type D Schengen visa to a type C Schengen visa (or more precisely to a regular visa free tourist). From the visa expiration perspective, I do not see any problem. You however need to consider the 90/180 Schengen visa rule, which in this case does apply (it does not apply when switching from Schengen visa type C to a Schengen visa type D, but it does apply in this direction of status change). You need to have exact dates of your travel history to calculate compliance with the 90/180 Schengen visa rule.
A.dina

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 03:52:45 am »

Hi, there!

I'm planning to go to Germany for an international student festival. I got my visa already (Type C, Multiple) and the thing is the date on the visa stamp said from 7-21 May. I, however, have the flight back on 22 May around 11 a.m. Should I be concerned that I overstay the duration of my visa based on the dates stamp on my passport? I've been reading online and am still confused of how this works. Would I get fined or have a hard time passing immigration at the airport?

Thanks!
porsche

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 03:05:11 pm »

If your visa is valid for dates from May 07 to May 21, and your return flight is scheduled for May 22, then yes, you will overstay. Reading your post, I assume you already had your ticket this way (for May 22nd) when you applied for your visa, thus the visa validity is a mistake that happened at the embassy. If that is the case, I suggest you ask the embassy to make a correction to the visa dates. I would see that as the most proper way to handle the situation. Your another option is to change your travel date. If you depart your country with the current setting, you might have problems not only when leaving the Schengen zone (overstay), you might have problems upon entering the Schengen zone too, if the border officer sees that your departure is past your visa end date.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)