Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Denied transit through Germany

(Read 3440 times)
Loai

« on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:03 am »

So i wanted to spend my easter vacation in Barcelona but I ended up getting arrested by the German Police after arriving in Frankfurt on my way to Barcelona. I was charged with trying to illegally enter Germany!

The thing is that on my Schengen it says "Schengen States (-DE, EE, PT). I knew I cannot enter Germany, and was not intending to. All the papers i have orive that I was heading to Barcelona: flights, hotel booking, Areobus tickets... they told me in their report they'll mentione that it was not on purpose, and kept the documents as evidence.

I've traveled before ti europe, several times, and to USA. I've had several connecting flights and never went to Passport Control, but it seems in Frankfurt you will pass through passport control in all cases.

Note that the German Police said they have no idea why it says "-DE", they said there's nothing on their systems concerning me and they blamed Spanish Embassy since they should have saw that my flights are via Frankfurt. When I applied for the visa theh got my tickets and saw the itinerary. Also Luthansa should have not let me board the plane in Beirut.

The German police were great and very respectful. Also they told me I can still use my visa to go to Spain but not through Germany. When i finally got my passport, which is when I landed in Beirut, the passport was stamped but with the letter "C" near it. Not sure how this will affect my future EU travels. It's my dream to go all over europe, and I've been to Greece, Italy and France so far.

Also should I contact the Spanish embassy and Lufthansa and ask for compensation? I will for sure contact the Spanish embassy and the EU offices to see why the "-DE" was present there, even though the German police said I was all clear and they had no idea why it's there.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:03 am »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 12:58:04 pm »

I've traveled before ti europe, several times, and to USA. I've had several connecting flights and never went to Passport Control, but it seems in Frankfurt you will pass through passport control in all cases.

There are two situations that shall not be confused. When you land in Frankfurt from a non-schengen country and continue on to a non-schengen destination, you remain within the international terminal, and in this case you do not go through passport control (unless they have some special situation and need to place aircrafts to their non-standard booth). However, when you arrive from a non-schengen country and continue to any schengen country, Frankfurt is your point of entry into the Schengen area, and therefore you have to go through a passport control.

Note that the German Police said they have no idea why it says "-DE", they said there's nothing on their systems concerning me and they blamed Spanish Embassy since they should have saw that my flights are via Frankfurt. When I applied for the visa theh got my tickets and saw the itinerary. Also Luthansa should have not let me board the plane in Beirut. 

I am afraid the embassy will take their hands away. They will claim that it is the traveler's responsibility to fly to (or to transit via) a destination that is allowed by the visa only. It is responsibility of the carrier to board only those travelers that posess valid travel documents. I think you might have better chances to win some compensation from the carrier.

Also should I contact the Spanish embassy and Lufthansa and ask for compensation?

I suggest to contact both. If you send them a letter, it will only cost you some small money, compared to the fact that your travel has cost you a lot.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)