Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 02:19:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

HELP Change of VISA status and 90/180 days rule

(Read 3381 times)
Doubleaxs

« on: May 11, 2017, 08:17:57 am »

Hi guys, I have a complicated question and no one seems to be able to answer so I'm writing here hoping some of you have similar experiences.
Up until APRIL 17th I owned a student VISA in Italy (I'm Israeli) and I spent 1,5 months in the Netherlands from February 19th to April 1st. After this I returned to Israel and in the mean time my VISA expired. Now I'm back in the Netherlands looking for a job since April 21st. Since my VISA status changed do I have to count the 180 days (and the 90 as well) starting from February 19th or from April 21st? It's important because in the first case I will have to leave within the first week of June. Thanks!!!!!!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:17:57 am »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 10:40:33 am »

Hi, there are two aspects of your stay and your question.

a) The 90/180 Schengen visa rule. The 180 days period is not fixed at some starting date, it is a moving period. Today, you look back 180 days and count how many days you have spent in the Schengen zone. Tomorrow, you look back 180 days and count how many days you have spent in the Schengen zone. The day after tomorrow, you again look back 180 days and count how many days you have spent in the Schengen zone. Therefore, starting your calculation either from Fenruary 18th or April 21st, both calculations would be false.

b) Having tourist visa subsequent to student Schengen visa. In this case, if your tourist visa is subsequent to your student visa, then the days you stayed in the Schengen zone under your studnet visa do count toward the 90-180 rule. See this thread for more details on this topic:

Does duration of stay increase with 2 simultaneous Schengen visas?
http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=1042.0
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)