Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

May 23, 2017, 08:00:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Visa overstay in Netherlands 2017

(Read 47 times)
Alexadam

« on: May 14, 2017, 02:18:07 pm »

Hi everyone, I'm in need of some advise as a matter of urgency

I'm a South African. In July 2016 I applied for a Schengen Visa to go to the the Netherlands, I got issued a visa valid for one month with a stay period of 15 days. Subsequently I went to Netherlands within the period and departed within the period thus no overstay.

In September 2016 I applied for another visa to Netherland and I got issued a visa valid for 1 year with multiple entries,however I was not aware of the 90/180 rule

I arrived In Netherlands mid September 2016, ignorant as I was not knowing exactly how the 90/180 day rule worked, I was under the impression that I could stay for a year without leaving the Schengen area albeit I left Netherlands quite often.

In mid January 2017 I was asked for randomly for identification by police in Amsterdam, so I showed them my passport, I was then informed that in terms of the 90/180 rule I overstayed my visa conditions.

I was referred to the vreemdeling Police and they asked me to come to their HQ the following day at a certain time. I was not detained at all and they actually took me to my place of abode and said see you tomorrow. They were absolutely courteous and I was really impressed.

The following day I went to their HQ and I was sat down formally and the rule was explained to me. I was told that I could leave voluntarily or go through a whole process. I was asked would I leave Europe voluntarily and I said off course.

They then issued me with a letter stating that they have informed me that I have overstayed and that the process was explained to me. The letter also stated that I have agreed to voluntarily leave, however there was stated that I agreed to leave within 28 days of signature of the letter.

I signed the letter and the officer said I will be keeping your passport and I would like you to come and see me once per week.

I said no problem and I weekly went and met him. A week before I had to leave he actually returned my passport to me and said that I should really leave before my time (28days expired) what a gentleman... I'm sure you would agree. He gave me a piece of paper that I had to hand in to the border police at Schiphol on my departure that would give him the proof that I have left.

So when me period was up (28 days) I was at the airport and handed my passport to border police. I was asked to take a seat and after some 30 min my passport was returned to me. I was not informed of a penalty, fine or entry ban.

Further there was no stamps or documents attached in my passport other than the exit stamp with the date on.

Now my question and advice that I need...
If I was to be issued a fine or entry ban would I have received it there at the airport when my passport was returned and or when I departed, would they not have stamped or attached something to my passport?

My visa is still valid for 3 months as from today. Is it safe to assume I could go back to somewhere else in Europe within this period as I have no entry ban fine stamp in my passport?

Could somebody please shed light on my situation

Many thanks
And kind regards
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 14, 2017, 02:18:07 pm »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)