Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 04:23:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overtayed 4 months Fiancé Visa

(Read 3453 times)
Marcela

« on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:25 am »

Hello
My name is Marcela, from Colombia.
In 2015 I was granted a marriage visa to Switzerland from January to May. But my boyfriend and I thought that date was the limit on which I could enter Switzerland and that once I arrived in the country they would give me 6 months to organize my marriage. In July I called and they explained me that unfortunately those 3 months on the visa were to organize my marriage and not an entry limit to Switzerland. Which means it was illegal in the country. I explained that we did a mistake that we thought I could stay for 6 months. She ask me to give a date for the wedding, but my boyfriend and I had already decided that we would not get married and that we would expect the 6 months to leave the country. I had bought tickets for 6 months in case to not get married to return to my country. I got a letter to my boyfriend’s address where they again asked for a date to get married. We did not tell anything, and we went on as if we were still planning to get married. A month before I leave, I called them And i said that we would not get married and ask the woman if there would be any problem leaving the country or wanting to return, she said no, that everything would be fine.

In September I left Switzerland and made a stop at the airport in Frankfurt (Germany) the agent interrogated me and asked for my stay permit, since he had noticed that I stayed for 6 months. I explained the situation and he told me that I was in Germany and that I had broken the rules of the country. But I still give the passport back without a stamp, when I realized I returned and asked him to put the stamp because i don’t wanted to have problems and it will be proof that I had left the territory. The man with a bad face put the stamp but cut the part where it said in which airport had been. When I again demand that he put it well he is already angry and tells me that if I do not want to pay a very high fine I should leave and go my way. He didn’t take me anywhere or make me sign anything. I asked him if I wanted to go back to Europe, I could have problems and he said no. So I left. Since then a year and 9 months has passed. Now I want to go to Italy for two weeks and I’m terrified to be stopped.
Do you think I’ll have problems?
I’m sorry for my bad English.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:19:25 am »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »

To enter Italy, Colombian citizens are required to have Schengen visa. If you apply for a visa and your application is granted, you are free to go. In that case you do not need to worry about being stopped at the border. (Unless you run into the same officer.  Smiley )
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)