Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 16, 2024, 04:44:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Could excessive back liking degrade PR?

(Read 8028 times)
danisara

« on: December 04, 2008, 11:16:46 pm »

Let's say you have a web page with 5 backlinks from a good PR6 site. Your web page will most likely get good ranking.

Then, you go to discussion forums with PR0 and add another 100 backlinks from those forums pointing to your web page.

Will they decrease your Page Rank?

Based on my experience, I think they will. I had one page optimized to show up on the first place in Google. After I linked to this page from many forums, I am suddenly appearing on the 5th position at Google. What is your opinion?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:16:46 pm »

pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:16:36 pm »

I don't think those low PR links will decrease anything or hurt your site. The worst thing that can happen to you is that those 100 poor links won't contribute anything to your ranking.

Those links could hurt if you were linking back. This is called cross linking.
atari

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:02:48 pm »

The truth is that every inbound link is potentially worth something. Well, there are some exceptions, of course. Links from link farms or unindexed sites do not count, but every link from even a small website will bring you a little link juice. Besides juice, a such link will bring you some real customers.

No worry, keep building links.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)