Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

American husband overstayed - when he can come back?

(Read 3814 times)
Misafreedom

« on: July 31, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

Hi I have a question about my American husband, we moved to the Czech Republic, but we didn't do the papers, somehow we just simply forgot and thought that we will do it when I will be done with my job. Well, the immigration police in Czech said that he has to leave Schengen for 3 months and then come back, he stayed for 181 days. In Zurich he paid smt like 400 Euros fine, no stamp in his passport for overstaying. Now we are in USA for 3 months, is he gonna be ok when he will come back? I'm so worried, we were stupid and we learned a lesson.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 31, 2017, 06:33:29 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 02:14:50 pm »

Hi I have a question about my American husband, we moved to the Czech Republic, but we didn't do the papers, somehow we just simply forgot and thought that we will do it when I will be done with my job. Well, the immigration police in Czech said that he has to leave Schengen for 3 months and then come back, he stayed for 181 days. In Zurich he paid smt like 400 Euros fine, no stamp in his passport for overstaying. Now we are in USA for 3 months, is he gonna be ok when he will come back? I'm so worried, we were stupid and we learned a lesson.

Hi, when traveling to Europe (to the Schengen zone), you, as Americans, are allowed to travel without visa, assuming that the duration of stay won't exceed more than 90 days in any 180-days period. This is the so-called tourist visa free status. In case you intend to stay in the Schengen zone longer than up to 90 days within any 180-days period, you need to apply for a long-term visa. You can read more about the 90-180 Schengen visa rule for example here:

90-180 visa rule
( http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/90_180_days_rule.htm )

Also note, the 180-days period does not get reset on a specific date. It is a moving period, see also here for more details:

when the next half-year starts?
( http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=385.0 )

UK is not a part of the Schengen zone.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)