Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

August 14, 2020, 06:39:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

Must Sponsor Accompany Visa Holder on Subsequent Visit?

 (Read 1117 times)
Posts: 1

« on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:28 pm »

Hi. I am a UK citizen, my wife is a Philippines citizen. I will be sponsoring my wife for a multiple-entry Schengen Tourist Visa. I will be accompanying her on our first trip to the Scavenge area in December 2017. She will then travel a second time to the Schengen area in March 2018 without me (her sponsor). Can she do that or do i need to accompany her on that second visit. Thanks   
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: September 17, 2017, 04:28:28 pm »

Sr. Member
Posts: 280

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 11:44:24 am »

Hi, it depends on the type of her travel document.

Having a regular Schengen visa, she is eligible to travel on her own.

Since she is your wife, she also may be eligible for so called EEA family permit. This travel document is intended for EEA (European Economic Area) citizen’s spouses or civil partners. Unmarried partners can apply as well, if he or she can show that he or she is in a lasting relationship with the EEA national. The applicant must be outside the UK to apply for an EEA family permit. An EEA family permit is free. An EEA Family Permit would usually be issued for 6 months and allows unrestricted employment in the UK for the duration. After the EEA family permit expires, the individual can apply for a residence card or a derivative residence card to confirm his or her right of residence. Having an EEA family permit, your wife would need to travel with you togerther, or (if not traveling alone) she would need to show:

- evidence that her EEA national family member (=you) is in the UK, and
- evidence that you have a right of residence in the UK.

See here for more details about an EEA family permit.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)