Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 06:53:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Partner overstayed shengen visa for 5 days, wish to dispute...

(Read 4448 times)
Meccles

« on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:05 pm »

My partner and I recently went on a 3 week trip to Europe.
We live in Australia but she is a Chinese national and I hold an EU passport. Therefore she applied for the visa at the Portuguese embassy in Sydney.
The air fares and hotels were all booked. We clearly presented then and applied for the visa clearly with the correct start and end date.
However when we left shengen from Zurich, passport control noticed the visa was only for 15 days, despite the start and end date clearly being correct. This must have been a mistake! They didn't fine here as there wasn't time
.. we were a little late for  boarding so they just let us through.
We've been back in Australia for around a month and haven't heard anything yet. What should we do?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: September 27, 2017, 12:39:05 pm »

myDNA

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 01:37:33 pm »

mmm
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:26:04 pm by myDNA » Logged
zaragoza
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:55:18 am »

Nothing. The border control authority exercised his judgment and let you through with just a verbal warning. Since you haven't received any fine, nor have signed any official document at the border control (I assume, based on your post), you do not have any negative record in the system. You just need to be more diligent with your next visa applications. Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)