Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 08:40:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen VIsa overstay for one day by mistake

(Read 4364 times)
hemant

« on: October 03, 2017, 10:29:01 am »

Hi guys ,

I am from INDIA , few days backs i went to Germany for official work, the Visa duration dates was 1 month (10/9/2017) to 10/10/2017 but no of days stay were 16. I completed 16 days at germany & on 17 day there was flight from Frankfurt Germany to INDIA.
At the time of immigration they cought me and said you overstay 1 day, this is 17 day started.

They asked to fill one form and gave me one copy of that  document "Appointment of Authorised Recipient" which mentioned the name and address of two lawyers who will authoried from my side in court.

Now i am in INDIA ..

I dont know what to do? Is anyone faced this problem before?

Thanks

Hemant

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 03, 2017, 10:29:01 am »

apapunas
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:24:20 pm »

Hi, this is very unusual. One-day overstays are let go unnoticed most of the time. Some longer overstays are penalized with some tens or hundreds of euros in fines. Having to sign an appointment authorization is uncommon. It is also possible that you could have been victim of some fraud. Have you noted the names and address of the two lawyers that you have authorized to sit for you at the court? I guess not. It is hard to provide any advice when the third party and the content of the undersigned document is not known. It is a good idea to take a picture with a smart phone of anything you sign.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.598 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)