Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 10:44:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

EEA family permit pre visit

(Read 3119 times)
Jesi McLeod

« on: October 20, 2017, 09:58:38 pm »

Hi,
I have just the family permit, it took only 1 week, and I thought it would take longer so I planned to visit on December 1st, that is the day stamped in my EEA family permit, I would like to know if I can go to UK 1 week before.
I am an Argentinean citizen so i don't need a visa to go UK, I am just not sure if I would have any problem for entering the country before my EEA permit starts.
Thanks in advance
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 20, 2017, 09:58:38 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »

Congratulations to you.

In regards to the EEA family permit alone - take a look at the EEA family permit sticker. There should be two fields, one of them labeled "Valid from", and the other one labeled "Valid to". These two dates determine your eligibility to enter and necessity to leave the UK. In general, if you enter the UK sooner than your visa validity, you are likely going to have problems, ranging from simple questioning at the border up refusal of entry. See here for more details about EEA family permit.

However, since you are an Argentinian and can travel to the UK visa free, your visa free status takes precedence over your EEA family permit (for the purpose of entering the UK). You can enter the UK at any time. The EEA family permit (or its validity) determines your other rights which it provides above the scope of regular Shengen visa (type C), such as your eligibility to take on employment.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)