Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 04:35:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

I got denied entry in Switzerland and I need advice on what to do next... :/

(Read 5385 times)
cowzrgreat

« on: June 14, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »

So here's the story:

I'm an American enrolled in an Italian medical school in Milan. So for 4 years I would just renew my Permesso di Soggiorno (permit to stay). This past year I forgot to renew it, so I was apparently on a Tourist Visa (90 days) starting on Jan 4th 2016 when I flew into Milan from London.

This past weekend (June 9th 2016) I went to America, then flew back into Europe on Monday (June 13th). I had a stop in Zurich, and at passport control they told me I had severely overstayed my tourist visa (by about 3 months). They checked with the Italians, saw that my permit hadn't be renewed and sent me on the first flight back to America.

Before they sent me back they told me that one of two things would happen:

1) I would need to stay out of Schengen until enough time had passed so that I could get a new          tourist visa (banned until September 8th 2016).

2) The Swiss authorities could ban me from Schengen for 2 years.

Option number 2 is obviously terrible for me. I can handle missing school for June/July, but a two year ban would ruin my whole career at this point.

They send I could email them within a week or two and they would tell me what they decided. What are my options if I am handed the two year ban?? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm really just lost and pretty scared about this whole ordeal.

Thank you!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 14, 2016, 07:14:57 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 02:26:19 pm »

It appears to me that you are in your final year of study, correct? If the second option takes place, and you are banned for two years, you might want to write to them and ask for forgiveness, explaining that you are in your last year, that you did not have knowledge of the visa rules, that you as a doctor will be a great benefit to the European community, etc. I am afraid that is your only options, you broke the rules, they issued punishment, I do not see you woudle have any substance for a sound appeal, you might want to play the nice and sorry guy. Have you already received their decision?
Cocoroko

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 08:54:47 am »

Hey any news ? I have a similar situation. only 6-days overstay tho . Look forward hearing from you
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)