Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 12:42:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

What are some typical job interview questions?

(Read 23902 times)
steven

« on: December 09, 2008, 06:49:19 pm »

It has been a long time since I had last interview. I have next one tomorrow. It will be the first round with HR, phone interview. If I do well on this one, I might get to the next round.

What are some typical job interview questions?
What are some typical questions they usually ask at the phone interview?

One question I remember from last time is what was my greatest weakness and greatest strength, but I do not know what else to expect.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 09, 2008, 06:49:19 pm »

pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:31 pm »

At the phone interview they usually ask about your Future plans with the company.

They also may ask How you would handle a dispute between you and another employee.

Another question is Why you want to make the move.

They may also ask How you would avoid a situation that could be perceived as some form of harassment.

One question could also be to Describe a situation when you made a mistake in your past employment.

and many more..
mismas

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 05:45:21 pm »

Here you have a few typical questions:

1) Why do you want to join our company?
2) Why are you considering leaving your present employer?
3) What can you offer our company?
4) Why should we hire you?
D.Hooli
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:18:01 pm »

Hi all, I am going to an interview for a job as a line mech, please could anyone shed some light in to the sort of questions I might be asked/ what I might need to brush up on?
Thanks.
mismas

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 08:47:14 am »

Hi all, I am going to an interview for a job as a line mech, please could anyone shed some light in to the sort of questions I might be asked/ what I might need to brush up on?
Thanks.

Line mech - where exactly? I am assuming mechanic for automotive service located in the USA for my answer, ok? There are two things that will be important in this postion - interview questions and personal appearance/behavior.

Interview questions: Some interview questions might be

1. What experience do you have working with diesel and hybrid engines?
2. What experience do you have working with the following systems: brake systems, transmissions, air cond, electrical, suspension
3. Many times when there are a lot of absences mechanics are called to drive. The position does require you to have a CDL license and be available as a sub driver at times.  Will this be a problem for you?
4. Are there any restrictions to the hours you can work?  Early morning, Saturdays?
5. Do you have any physical limitations that would prevent you from performing all the tasks normally required of a shop mechanic?
6. SCENARIO:  A friend of yours asks you to fix his car in our shop in return for a favor.  How would you handle this situation?
7. SCENARIO:  You have been assigned to repair a brake line and you notice something else that needs to be fixed.  What would you do?
8. How fluent are you in English?/ Spanish? (read, write, speak)

Behavior: Your mannerisms, behavior, appearance, body language are as important. Interviewers want a person who can do the job well; but they also want someone who can get along well with co-workers and superiors and most importantly customers.
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:09:51 am »

Another well-meant advice:

The way you answer questions sends positive or negative signals. You want to be neither very placid or cocky or aggressive. Show positive attitude. Keep a slight smile and listen fully before speaking. Avoid no-nos like chewing gum during your interview or using slang language.

Additional interview questions:

• What automobile systems should be serviced routinely?
  • How often should a new automobile be serviced? What about an older model?
  • What should I expect out of a routine service? What kind of parts should be changed?
  • What can happen to a vehicle if it is not serviced regularly?
  • Which is better, natural motor oil or synthetic? Can I switch between the two?
  • Are fuel additives helpful? Why or why not?
  • How involved should I, the driver, be in a routine auto maintenance?
  • What are some important maintenance steps I should take apart from bringing the vehicle in to a professional?

Good luck, let us know how it went.
jerryvn01

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 05:34:53 pm »

Another well-meant advice:

The way you answer questions sends positive or negative signals. You want to be neither very placid or cocky or aggressive. Show positive attitude. Keep a slight smile and listen fully before speaking. Avoid no-nos like chewing gum during your interview or using slang language.

Additional interview questions:

• What automobile systems should be serviced routinely?
  • How often should a new automobile be serviced? What about an older model?
  • What should I expect out of a routine service? What kind of parts should be changed?
  • What can happen to a vehicle if it is not serviced regularly?
  • Which is better, natural motor oil or synthetic? Can I switch between the two?
  • Are fuel additives helpful? Why or why not?
  • How involved should I, the driver, be in a routine auto maintenance?
  • What are some important maintenance steps I should take apart from bringing the vehicle in to a professional?

Good luck, let us know how it went.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: humanresources.hrvinet.com/finance-interview-questions
Tks again and pls keep posting.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:42:47 pm by jerryvn01 » Logged
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

No need to be sarcastic (in case it was meant that way  Smiley). D.Hooli was asking for questions for a line mech job.
hdblue

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 09:41:15 am »

Dear friends

I like What are some typical job interview questions? very much.

Very useful for me.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at: humanresources.hrvinet.com/oil-interview-questions

Rgs

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 03:51:00 pm by hdblue » Logged
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:51 pm »

Great. When you get back from your interview ... I am sure readers of this thread would be interested in knowing the questions that you were asked in your interview.
hambim336

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 08:21:28 am »

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.005s, 0q)