Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 09:47:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Shengen visa overstay - trying to minimize my fine or ban upon departure!

(Read 4038 times)
Canadiantryingtoavoidaban

« on: August 13, 2018, 07:31:53 am »

Hey guys, thanks for helping me out with this unique situation in advance. I wish I found this forum when I made the rash decisions to stay in Europe without digging deeper into the details.

I'm a Canadian citizen who's been in Europe for 7 months now. I arrived in January on a 6 month French student visa and decided to stay in Italy for the summer.

I'm realizing now that I was probably misinformed that I could simply begin my 90 day tourist visa in Italy right after my French one expired.

I haven't left the Schengen region since April and I arrived in Italy at the beginning of June.

Have I been overstaying for a month now and will I be in trouble at departure no matter what? If I remain in Italy for another month, will my punishment likely be much more severe or is one month or two months  of overstay likely going to result in the same consequences?

My biggest concern at this point, aside from the fact that I could be so stupid as not to look into this in advance, is where should I fly home from to have the best chances of avoiding a ban with the smallest possible fine? (Ideally none at all lol)

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Just an idiot trying to enjoy his travels
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 13, 2018, 07:31:53 am »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.00099999999999999s, 0q)