Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 03:07:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Banner blindness

(Read 7725 times)
indian
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 21, 2008, 02:22:38 pm »

Hi,

I have a question about banner blindness. Some theories say that if you make your banner ad flashy red, it will more likely get skipped than a blended one. If you have an ad that looks like the main text on the page, people will more likely click it. What you you think about it and what is your experience?

Tx
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 21, 2008, 02:22:38 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 04:47:41 pm »

I can confirm, I experimented with this on my website. Perhaps a big flashy red banner would make people click on it, but for example a banner that has a background is neglected more than a banner that has not background and is blended into the background of the page. People tend to see words and not boxes. Strange, I agree.
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 05:43:57 pm »

known truth, all marketing books write about it, an ad should be blended with the web page theme as much as possible to achieve max effectivity
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.00099999999999999s, 0q)