Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

December 09, 2023, 12:30:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

Will my change of address be processed in time to receive tax refund?

 (Read 9052 times)
Posts: 1

« on: January 22, 2009, 02:42:43 am »


I mailed the IRS form 8822 (change of address) to the zip code listed on IRS website. I changed my address to a PO Box as I no longer have a permanent address. On the same day, in a seperate envelope, I mailed my Federal Tax Return to the proper address for returns. (different than change of address). The address I used on my tax return is my old address. I have the US Post Office forwarding my mail but they do not forward Tax Refund checks. Will the IRS process the address change quicker than the tax return so that it gets sent to my new PO Box?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:42:43 am »

Full Member
Posts: 121

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:00:08 am »


Welcome to the forum.

Most likely you should be ok, they process the 8822 forms very quickly. After they have your envelope, it takes them less than a week to process the Change of Address form. On the other hand, it takes weeks or even months to process your tax return and to send you a check.

If you really want to be sure, walk over to your closest Social Security administration office and have them change your address in their system. I believe these two systems are interconnected.

Your another option is to call IRS over the phone in about a week and ask them to confirm if they already changed the address.
Contact IRS

Good luck.

Form 8822 Change of Address
Address change notify IRS
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)