Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

July 11, 2020, 09:15:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Re: AMT and Capital Gains in Taxes
November 02, 2018, 09:00:28 am
Pages: [1]

H1B visa holder - do I need to pay taxes in the USA?

 (Read 8064 times)
Posts: 28

« on: May 11, 2009, 03:36:38 pm »

I just got my H1B visa and a job too, and I will be working in Chicago. How is it with taxes? Do I need to pay taxes if I work with the H1B visa?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 11, 2009, 03:36:38 pm »

Sr. Member
Posts: 280

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:54:37 pm »

Yes, you do, everyone needs to pay taxes. You are treated as regular US citizen or resident alien for tax purposes, you must file 1040 too.

PS: Note, if you were employed under so called OPT (Optional Practical Training), you would still pay taxes too, but you would not pay medicare and social security. That is the only easement for foreign workers.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)