Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 04:54:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Wat is the best way to remove a virus?

(Read 12538 times)
ramki
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:34 pm »

Hi,

I have been browsing some bad websites, and when I clicked one link I think something got installed on my laptop and ever since I am getting popups that I had not been getting before. What do I do now? What is the best way to remove a virus? Where do I start? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

ramki
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 30, 2008, 02:11:34 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 04:29:40 pm »

I have been browsing some bad websites, and when I clicked one link I think something got installed on my laptop and ever since I am getting popups that I had not been getting before. What do I do now? What is the best way to remove a virus? Where do I start? Any help is much appreciated.

Hehe, hi, the best way to remove a virus is not to get one by not going to bad websites.  Grin Ok, here are a few howtos:

a) Get antivirus software. See this link for a list of anti-virus software and links to websites.
   What's the best free anti-virus?
   http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=132.0
Good anti-virus software should be able not only to protect against viruses but also to remove existing ones.

b) If you want to get technical, try Control Panel -> Programs and see if there is some strange program that you do not recognize. Google up that name and then uninstall.

c) The virus can be also in your browser add on. In case you are using MS Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Programs -> Manage Ad-Ons.

d) If you want to get even more technical, do CTRL+ALT+DEL and go to Task Manager. Go to Processes. You will see a list of processes in this screen. If you have a virus, it could be caused by one of these processes.

e) You can also find viruses in your Msconfig. Go to Start menu -> Run -> msconfig. Go to the Startup tab and see if there is some weird program.

f) One good tool to find viruses is called HijakcThis. Google it up.

g) And if you really need some serious help, try searching registry, but that would be advanced stuff.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 04:32:25 pm by atari » Logged
Pansophic

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 07:50:43 pm »

the best way would be to use a nice antivirus for removing viruses
porsche

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:23:06 am »

I am not a big fan of antivirus, but actually I learned one interesting thing. It can look inside an *.exe file, and detect a malicious code in it even before you click and run the *.exe file.
jack kallis

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:15:51 am »

You can start by taking a good antivirus support and scan the whole computer by antivirus it will surely delete that virus,if not try to find the path of that virus and remove it by command line.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:22:34 am by forumadmin » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)