Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 04:38:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

now overstayed in Shengen zone. is it possible to take a bus to go UK?

(Read 5435 times)
hui

« on: November 05, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

Hello? Now i am in Spain.
I realized i overstayed in shengen area.
I need to go back to Ireland which is not Shengen area from Italy soon.
I might be caught by immigration office at airport in Italy if i take an airplane.
But i heard if i take a bus from italy(or wherever in shengen area) to London, there's no french immigration office_to go to london normally bus pass through france_ but only UK immigration office.
Then i might not be caught because of overstaying in Shengen area.

How do u guyz think so about this?

Do u think If i take a bus to go to london from somewhere in shengen area, i don't need to get through immigration center of shengen country i take a bus from?

I appreciate any help. Thank you so much !!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 05, 2014, 03:02:13 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 09:44:58 am »

When you leave France by bus, you go through the Eurotunnel terminal or the ferry terminal. That is where the border control takes place and where you pass through immigration control before crossing the Channel.
porsche

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:58:02 am »

In case you think about going by train...

The Eurostar train leaves Paris from the Gare du Nord station. Check-in for the Eurostar train to London is done through a special upper level at the Level 1 of the Gare du Nord station. This exit venue is separated from the rest of the station. Eurostar travelers must pass through both French and British passport control before boarding the train. This is called a "juxtaposed border control".

The check-in procedure from the Eurostar starts with scanning your ticket through a turnstile machine. After scanning your ticket, the turnstile gates open and you can then pass through onto the passport control. For passengers not holding a European Union passport, you’ll have to complete a declaration card for British Immigration control. After passing through French and British immigration control you pass a security screening where your bags are scanned and you walk through a metal detector.
zaragoza
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 10:15:48 am »

By the way, near the middle of the train, between the half sets, there are a couple of private cabins in trailer, they are obscured to the outside by blinds. These are provided for customs, immigration and police personnel and for detention of prisoners or detainees. (I did not mean to scare you, just adding some more information to the thread  Smiley )
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)