Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 02:51:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

schengen visas

(Read 55415 times)
misskate85

« on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:38 pm »

I am going to Italy, do I need to book ALL my flights to the other schengen states in order to be granted the schengen visa? Or can I just book my flight to italy? In other words, I want to go to Spain and Amsterdam as well, but I don't want to book those flights until I'm sure I have the visa (can't get refunds)
so will the italian consulate grant me a schengen visa to ALL shengen states even if I've only booked flights and hotels in Italy?
Thanks
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:17:38 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 10:19:18 pm »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The common practice is that when you get the Schengen visa, it is for "Etats Schengen" which means for the whole Schengen zone. (It depends on your nationality and the place where you apply. What is your nationality and in which country do you apply?) In general you should be ok with just tickets for Italy, but the more documentation proving that you won't immigrate you can provide, the better.

Cheers.
misskate85

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:47:50 am »

Thanks,
I'm on a south african passport so it's quite limiting. I am living in the UK now (on a working holiday visa) so I applied through the Italian consulate here in London.
As it takes so long to get an appointment (4-6 weeks) I obviously don't want to be unprepared or go without all the necessary documentation as I'm afraid I'll get denied.
Where can I double check this info- the italian website doesnt seem to cover it...
Thanks again  Smiley
porsche

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 06:35:21 pm »

Hi,

Try this site, it covers a lot about Schengen visa.

Here is a list of embassies in London with their phone numbers: london embassy. There is a phone number for the Italian embassy too. Your best bet would be to call them and ask the officials.

Let us know how it went, ok?
danisara

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:05:02 am »

I am going to Italy, do I need to book ALL my flights to the other schengen states in order to be granted the schengen visa? Or can I just book my flight to italy? In other words, I want to go to Spain and Amsterdam as well, but I don't want to book those flights until I'm sure I have the visa (can't get refunds)
so will the italian consulate grant me a schengen visa to ALL shengen states even if I've only booked flights and hotels in Italy?
Thanks

What did you say on your application? Did you mention on your application that you want to travel to Italy only, or did you say you want to travel to the other states too?
monos

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 06:26:31 am »

hello . i have passport egyption and i want to ask . if i take italian visa type c  ,, i can enter from hungary and stay in hungary for 2 weeks then i go from hungary to Egypt . or i must firstly enter from italy then go to hungary ,, ?

thanks ...
atari

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 08:58:22 pm »

hello . i have passport egyption and i want to ask . if i take italian visa type c  ,, i can enter from hungary and stay in hungary for 2 weeks then i go from hungary to Egypt . or i must firstly enter from italy then go to hungary ,, ?

it does not matter which country you enter first. the important point is that the country which issued your visa should be your main destination (in terms of lenght of stay).
nk

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:10:00 pm »

Hi,
I will be flying from New York to Delhi with a 23hr stay in Amsterdam in between. I want to visit the city during that time, for which I will be applying for a Schengen visa .

I would like to know if it is possible for me to get a multiple entry visa now so that I can visit Schengen countries in next 6 months-1year or will I have to reapply for visa each time I visit? I don't have specific dates when I will revisit but it should tentatively be in the next months or so.  Currently I only have confirmed tickets from New York -> Amsterdam -> Delhi and a one-night stay in a hotel in Amsterdam. 

I am an Indian national going to India to get my H-1 visa stamped.

Please advise. Thanks,

danisara

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:28 pm »

When you fill out the schengen visa application, check the box that says that you apply for multiple entry visa. If you are lucky, the embassy will give you multiple entry schengen visa. If you plan on visiting Amsterdam in 6 months, you are ok, you should get the visa by then.

24. Number of entries requested
Multiple entries

Beware, I think there is one catch. I do not think you can apply for visa in New York. I think you need to apply in your home country. The same concept like with H1, you can't get that in NY either.
SMahajan

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 01:58:17 pm »

Hi, iv been given a single entry schengen visa of category C. My main destination is sweden....i will be flying in and out of stockholm. But in the 5 days that im in sweden, i would like to visit copenhagen in denmark. Is that possible with a single entry schengen visa? i have already booked my flight ticket out of stockholm so i have to return to sweden to catch the same. thanx.
apapunas
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:45 pm »

Sure, the visa is single entry, and it means that it allows you to enter once the Schengen zone. You can go to any country within the Schengen zone once you are in.
dueds

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:16:39 am »

I Wanna  apply for shengan visa, with my wife, the problem here is i am married with two wifes and want to take both of them for the vacation to Amsterdem, now My pasport has my 1st wifes name on it aginst spouse name & My 1st first wife has my name in her passport aginst Spouse names, where as my second wife do not have my name in her passport aginst spouse name, because that was made before my marriagejust want to know what are the documents required for my 2nd wife's at the time of application and will I ahve to fill the seperate visa  form for my 2nd wife, has anybody come a cross aginst such situation, pls suggest what are the documents I need to subit while applying for the visa, and what are the chances of getting the visa approved

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:20:05 am by dueds » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)