Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 02:33:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

schengen visas

(Read 55456 times)
danisara

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »

Hi, are you saying that your wife does not have her own passport? She needs to have her own passport to travel, and then it does not matter to whom she is married or not. By the way, how can you be married to two wifes at the same time? (What country are you in?)
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »

Antony

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 02:48:24 pm »

I am going to Czech republic and am issued a schengen Visa type C from 12-12-09 to 24-12-09.
Initial plan was to go to Prague and come back.
Now after Prague I have to go to Pris for 2 days and then return.
Is there any problem?
Second I want to land in Prague on 11 -12.
Is it possible ? If so how?
porsche

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 10:59:26 pm »

Hello, look at your visa, what does it say on the line "valid for"? If it says Czech Republic, than you can't go to France. If it says "Etats Schengen", then you can go to France and any other country in the Schengen zone too. (Etats Schengen)
If the visa is valid from 12-12-09, then obviously you can't land in Prague on 11-12-09.
uhrmacherm

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2010, 05:27:44 pm »

I am an American citizen and my wife is a green card holder from the Philippines. Can she get a Schengen tourist visa to accompany me on a pleasure trip this summer, or are there issues with Filipinos (I have encountered this before).
porsche

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 08:53:58 am »

I am an American citizen and my wife is a green card holder from the Philippines. Can she get a Schengen tourist visa to accompany me on a pleasure trip this summer, or are there issues with Filipinos (I have encountered this before).

Hi, what kind of problems have you encountered before? Visas are granted on per person basis. In general, there are no issues with Filipinos, there may be issues with individuals preventing them getting visa regardless of which country they come from. Which country are you planning on going to?
Milanoman

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:33:36 am »

My wife and I are Australian citizens, planning for a holiday in Europe in 2011, and just clarifying any visa/entry requirements.

I think I have the basic rules:   

No need for a visa for Australian citizens visiting the Schengen countries,
We can stay 90 cumulative days within a 6 months period.
Once we have used our 90 days in the Schengen countries, we have to be out of Schengen countries for 90 days before we can return for another 90 days. 

However, we are likely to wish staying in the Schengen region for more than 90 days.   For example, we might like to stay and travel for 5 months (Feb to June).   Could this be possible?   

Would we need to have (1) proof of funds? (2) Return airfare? (3) any other requirement?

danisara

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 06:47:32 pm »

Hello,

You have the first part of your question right. Exactly as you say.

If you wanted to stay over 90 days, you would need different category of visa. Schengen visa category C is for short-term stays up to 90 days. If you wanted to stay longer, you would need to get Schengen visa category D or C+D which is considerably harder to get. (See here Schengen visa category). I am not sure what exactly you need for the C+D visa, but I hope I am at least able to point you in the right direction, perhaps someone else here can provide more details. The C+D visa is what is also called "work visa".

Also, do not forget that you need to have travel (health) insurance when traveling to the Schengen zone.

D.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:49:27 pm by danisara » Logged
GildaPrice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 08:51:27 pm »

great stuff
Milanoman

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 10:25:26 pm »

Many thanks for that information.
atari

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »

You are welcome. In case you have any other unanswered questions, feel free to post.
VeeKay

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 12:49:36 pm »

Hi ppl...

I'm havin an issue. I'm an indian national working in Kuwait. I have planned a pers tour to Greece during Feb for 4 days. However, rite after that i've some official work in Austria and Germany. So, i applied for my schengen visa from German embassy and the same has been stamped. Now the problem is even though i'm travellin to germany , my first port of entry is athens and considering the length of the days, my main destination woulld be Vienna. Will i have trouble at the immigration in any of these places? If so is there a solution?
GildaPrice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:20 pm »

I am little confused by your case. When you look at the visa, it should say valid from and valid until. You have to enter and leave whichever country in the Schengen zone between these dates. Then, when you look at your visa, it says for which country it is good. Either it says some specific country (look for "Valid for"), i.e. Germany, and then you can go to Germany only, or it says "Etats Schengen", and then it does not matter through which country you enter or leave the Schengen zone. I hope I have helped. Let me know.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)