Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 07:34:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

schengen visas

(Read 55450 times)
darkphoenix6

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:39 pm »

Hi this is more of a question instead of a comment:

Hi I am a Bangladeshi National but I am a permanent resident in the united states. I am a student studying engineering and I also have a decent job with an engineering company. I really want to visit my boyfriend who is American on a study abroad program in Germany and i was hoping to visit him during thanksgiving, spring break and summer vacation. I was really hoping to get a 1 year multiple entry visa however it seems that its rarely given out. I am applying at the consulate in Boston and I am getting letters from both my University advisor and my boss. I also have about 10k in my bank account and have purchased one plane ticket with travel insurance. Does anyone know how i can increase my chances of getting a 1 year multi entry visa? or if it is even plausible for me to get one? I speak fluent English and i have been to china, Malaysia, Nepal and Thailand without ever overstaying. Also if i get denied/ get a short visit instead of the one year what are my chances of getting another visa if i apply again? So would it be better to apply for a single entry instead of even stating multiple entry on my application? Should i just put exactly how many days i would go for the first time?Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 04:42:39 pm »

danisara

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 09:48:48 am »

Hello, anything that can prove your credible history can increase your odds. You are on a good path with your letters. It is hard to say how you can make the officers to give you a multiple entry visa because nobody can see into their heads and predict how they wake up in the morning. Perhaps you could write a covel letter with your visa application that will state something along the lines that you would like to have a multiple entry visa because you expect repetitive visits in Germany because ... some good reason.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:34:47 am by danisara » Logged
danisara

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 10:25:25 am »

Btw, if you mention that you are a US permanent resident, that should give you enough credibility too. I am not sure, there might be some special treatment for us residents too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:35:07 am by danisara » Logged
aortizma

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2010, 04:26:06 pm »

I have a big confusion and I really appreciate if could help me to clarify it..

I asked for a multiple entries Schengen visa thru Polish Embassy in my country. They granted me in fact a multiple entries visa, but in the field "Valid for", it says "Polsky (Poland)", but I need to enter no only to Poland but also France and Italy and Spain. I called this morning to the embassy and they told me this kind of "national Visa" allows me to enter any schengen country, because it was granted by a schengen country.

Is that true Huh Can I enter to other countries different than Poland ??

I expect to travel this weekend, so a quick response is highly appreciated.
danisara

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 11:58:05 am »

If it says "Poland" only on the "Valid for" line, then that is the country which you can visit. If it was a visa valid for the Schengen zone, it would say "etats schengen" (or "PaƄstwa Schengen" in Polish) on the "valid for" line, see here for a Schengen visa sample image:
http://www.euro-dollar-currency.com/schengen_visa_image.htm
Since you have so little time, your best option will be to confirm this with an officer when you go through the border patrol when entering Poland (I assume you fly, so ask at the airport).
kdavx

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2010, 02:13:16 am »

I am a Nigerian going for a visit in Lithuania, I got the invitation letter from migration of lithuania. Lithuania Government has an agreement with Hungary Embassy in Nigeria to Issue Schengen short stay visa on their behalf. Now, Hungary Embassy in Nigeria has closed down operation in Nigeria.

I will like to know if I can apply for the schengen visa in French Embassy in Nigeria?
The date on my invitation state I will leave Lithuania 30 November 2010, Can I still apply for the visa starting another date to leave?

I need advice on these
danisara

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010, 05:00:28 pm »

Sure, you can apply at the embassy of the country to which you travel, so if you travel to France, you can apply at the French embassy. Did the Hungarian embassy provide any instructions?
kdavx

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010, 09:21:45 pm »

Thanks for you reply...The hungarian Embassy refer me to there Embassy in Egypt and other of their embassy in Africa for the visa services
ash river

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 12:54:42 am »

hi! need help i just got back here in philippines .. i stayed in france for 3 months from july to october 2014 but when i go to france embassy at the end of october for another visa application they refuse to accept my application ..the reason is i just got back and its imposible for me to apply and go back at france on november.. they said i need to wait for another 6 months to go back there.please help.
steven

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2014, 10:13:36 am »

hi! need help i just got back here in philippines .. i stayed in france for 3 months from july to october 2014 but when i go to france embassy at the end of october for another visa application they refuse to accept my application ..the reason is i just got back and its imposible for me to apply and go back at france on november.. they said i need to wait for another 6 months to go back there.please help.

Yes, that is correct. According to the 90/180 rule, you can stay a maximum of 3 months out of any 180 days in the Schengen zone. Since you just came back after being there for 3 months, you would not get the visa (accepting the visa by the embassy would be just a waste of your money since the application would be automatically rejected). (no need to post your question twice)
ash river

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2014, 10:29:46 am »

thanks!! great help.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)