Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 12:09:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Crack WEP Key

(Read 12496 times)
Indian007

« on: December 16, 2009, 12:51:10 pm »

I would like to learn how to crack a wep using packet injection ,

I have Dell Latitude E 6400 machine with dell wireless 1510 wireless -N WLAN Mini - card with windows XP

else I have one more laptop dell vostro with Dell Wireless™ 1397 802.11b/g Mini Card

let me know where can I get the compatable packet injection drivers for my w-lan card's so that I can test ... I wanna try first this with my wi-fi modem  .

let me know the procedure....

one more question , can I do wifi-hacking using virtual machine , if so do I have bridge / NAT the network?

Thanks,
Indian
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:51:10 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 11:50:01 pm »

You are probably not going to like my answer, but you can't do this on Windows (at least not easily). You need to get some flavor of Linux (you can get that as dual boot). That's because of msft protection of their code. The dev community can't create wifi drivers that support the monitor mode. They can do this on Linux because it is open source but not on msft.
InForumz
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:12 am »

First off I'm just curious dot or feather... Well never mind. I'm also interested in this topic. Probablly not for the same reason and Indian007, but because I would like to keep Indian007 out of my wep protected network. I know you can crack wep and would like to use WPA but my old Linksys BEFW11S4 switch router either doesn't support it or just doesn't like it. Oh by the way Indian ... just kidding you can use my network, you just have to ask first.

porsche

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:00:51 pm »

It is unbelievable how many people are still using WEP these days (do not take it personally, just commenting on the fact). I was war driving just for fun recently, and I'd say it is still at least 25% of WEP. "ask first" ... it would take away all the fun! Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)