Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 23, 2024, 04:14:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Haiti relief tax deduction

(Read 8167 times)
danisara

« on: February 17, 2010, 01:32:22 pm »

Hey everyone, just want to let you know, there is a Haiti relief tax deduction. If you donated some money to a qualified charity and it was cash, you might be eligible. Just need to itemize on schedule A. The IRS website says:

Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their 2009 return qualify for this special tax relief provision, enacted Jan. 22. Only cash contributions made to these charities after Jan. 11, 2010, and before March 1, 2010, are eligible. This includes contributions made by text message, check, credit card or debit card. To get a tax benefit, taxpayers must itemize their deductions on Schedule A. Those who claim the standard deduction, including all short-form filers, are not eligible.

Not that it would make me super happy that I can save money by donating, but being able to take advantage of the Haiti donation tax deduction is at least a nice thank you from the government.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 17, 2010, 01:32:22 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 09:42:14 am »

This is great, I contributed $500, and I can deduct.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)