Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

August 14, 2020, 06:10:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

Shengen Visa for my Russian girl friend

 (Read 6299 times)
Posts: 1

« on: May 02, 2010, 03:36:56 am »

 I am a US citizen. My Russian GF and I want to meet in Paris this summer. In order to get the French shengen Visa I have read that she needs to show enough funds in her account  to cover the cost of her 14 day stay in France. Now, I have offered to pay for all her expenses.. will the french authorities at the embassy or consulate in Russia accept a signed statement from me with proof that I have the funds required or do I need to send her money so that she can show it in her account.?
Also, she lives thousands of kilometers from the 3 french locations that she is required to visit in person in order to apply for this Visa... Is there any way that this application can be done by mail? I cannot believe that they would have her take a long trip just to remit the application in person... that is absolutely foolish..
Would you know how long the process may take?
Any other info you can provide would be much appreciated..
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 02, 2010, 03:36:56 am »

Sr. Member
Posts: 280

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:38:33 pm »


Sorry for taking time to reply. Smiley Better to confirm with the consulate, but in general a proof or funds can be substituted by providing an affidavit of support. Be sure to have your signature notarized (a clerk at your local bank can help with that). It is also likely that the French consulate in Russia will require so called "apostille". Apostille is a confirmation from a state official that the notary who notarized your signature is real and valid. The apostille is usually provided by the Office of the Secretary of State.

In regards to the application process, whether delivering Schengen visa application in person is required, it is hard to say, you or she needs to contact the embassy at her place. There is no common way of administering Schengen visa, the process varies by country. And Russia is a bit different country, but I am sure you already know that. Smiley

Posts: 121

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 01:48:44 pm »

In addition to a proof of funds, she will also need medical insurance. Take a look here for more information

Schengen visa insurance

Here is a good web page detailing the Schengen visa application:

Schengen visa application

She will also need a special "passport" photo, see a link for Schengen visa photo instructions at that page.

One important thing, she will also need a written invitation. You mentioned you are a US citizen. Unless you are also a EU citizen, you would not be able to provide that. The invitation needs to be provided by someone residing in the Schengen zone.

Good luck.
Full Member
Posts: 223

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 02:46:47 pm »

It will be easier if you two meet in Ukraine or Turkey. :0]
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)