Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 09:02:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Which country's consulate do i have to apply to for a schengen visa?pls reply...

(Read 6115 times)
maitreyeer

« on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:08 am »

hi,

i am an indian national and have been residing with my husband in scotland since the past 3 months.we plan to visit europe after 2 months.belgium will be our first place of entry and then we will be travelling to germany,austria,italy,switzerland and france.
we are going to be in belgium,germany,austria,italy,switzerland for approximately one night and in france for 2 nights.do we have to apply to the belgium consulate for our schengen visa (since belgium is our first place of entry into the schengen zone) or do we have to apply to the french consulate for our visa(since we are spending 2 nights in france and one night is each of the other countries)?does the schengen visa cover all the above mentioned countries?how long will it take to get our visas processed?thanks.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:08 am »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 12:04:07 pm »

Hello,

since you will spend most of your time in France, you should apply at the French embassy; however, considering that you really just travel quickly through, it does not really matter, I would pick the embassy that is closest to you and with shortest lines.  Smiley One thing to remind about, you will spend a lot of time on the road. Brussels to Paris = 350 km. Brussels to Munchen = 750 km. Munchen to Vienna = 500 km. Vienna to Geneve = 1200 km. How do you manage to travel such distances and at the same time to enjoy the country in just one day per country? I doubt one day per country is enough.

Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, and France are part of the Schengen zone, see here Schengen zone.

Dani
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)