Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 05:38:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Question regarding entry point - Appreciate your help

(Read 8684 times)
ugajria

« on: August 16, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

I applied for a schengen visa at the Swiss consulate with plans of entering Switzerland via flight but travelling to France via road.  I recieved a single entry visa for schengen states.  Now my plans have changed slightly and I want to enter via France and then drive over to Switzerland.  I only submitted the itinerary and never booked my ticket.  Do I HAVE to enter through Switzerland since that's what I wrote in Box #32 when I applied?  Or can I fly into Paris?  I can show my hotel reservations in Switzerland at the point of entry if needed.

My change of plans is basically to spend time in Paris ... so fly into Paris and then go to Lyon (France) and then to Geneva.

In the application I was supposed to fly into Geneva and then head to Lyon for 2 days.  Total time of my trip is 10 days.  I just got my visa a couple of days ago and wife wants to change the itinerary.  I am wondering if they will not let me enter in Paris since the Swiss consulate issued my visa and my application said that my point of entry was Geneva.

Thank you very much for your replies. 
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:29:58 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 09:42:46 am »

I can show my hotel reservations in Switzerland at the point of entry if needed.

You can enter the Schengen zone through any port of entry. If the Schengen visa was issued by Swiss, then Swiss needs to be your main destination, and hotel reservations should be good enough to prove that.
Cheers.
ugajria

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:59:39 pm »

Thanks.  I am still a bit nervous.  So I just need to carry hotel reservations and my train ticket to Switzerland?  Thats it?
danisara

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 07:22:32 am »

Hello, if asked, you might need to prove that Switzerland will be your main destination. How you prove it is up to you, usually hotel reservations and travel tickets are good enough, you can also present car rental receipt if any, address of people you visit, your itinerary, etc. Good luck.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)