Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 08:36:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Question regarding Long term stay after a tourist visa

(Read 5932 times)
sinaroshan

« on: August 25, 2010, 05:45:17 am »

Hello,

I am a non-EU student, studying in France. I had a problem when I went out of EU this summer and my Carte de Sejour was expired. So I got a Swiss tourist visa which is schengen and I came back to France and renewed my resident permit. Now I am worried about the expiration of my tourist visa. Do I need to leave Schengen area before my tourist visa expires? And if I do, should I stay out of Schengen area for 3 months?Huh I am studying and I cannot be away for that long.

Thanks for your help
Sina
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:45:17 am »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 07:37:35 am »

Your post does not say all the details, but you probably had a problem when leaving on expired Carte de Sejour because it was expired AND at the same time you did not have any other valid document that would allow you to stay in France legally. In other words, you overstayed your residency. Correct? The problem was not that your permit was expired but that you did not have any other permit after your residency permit expired. Your current situation seems to be different. At the time of Schengen Visa expiration, you will be holding a valid residence permit. In any case, ask your school for a letter confirming that you are enrolled student and keep it with you.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)