Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

how many weeks or months can a schengen visa be approved?

(Read 8387 times)
andromeda_2010

« on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:33 pm »

i'm a filipina, i've had some help from a local agency in spain to process my application for a schengen visa, they provided an employer for me and took care of my papers, and informed me that they have already forwarded my documents to the spanish embassy last july 19, 2010, we're applying for a long-term visa, how long would it take for that application to be approved? my agency said it usually takes 3 weeks but it's been more than 3 weeks now and i'd really like to know if there is such extension means approved visa or denied visa, pls help
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:33 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:46:16 am »

Hi, the time it takes to get the regular tourist Schengen visa varies from embassy to embassy. 2-3 weeks is pretty common, some cases are known to have taken longer. Employment visas take longer than tourist visas. If I count it correctly, you have been waiting for over 2 months for your visa, that's been pretty long. In any case, it won't hurt if you try to get your case ID from the agency and follow up with the embassy directly.
andromeda_2010

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:53 pm »

thanks! it hasn't been 2 mos yet, which is what i am trying to avoid, my problem is that the agency is not replying on my queries now, before they've been pretty regular with the updates until after they forwarded my papers to the embassy. so i really have no idea what's the status of my visa now. it's difficult coz the agency is located in spain and not in my own country and my own contact in spain is also out of the country. talk about bad timing.
porsche

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:03:11 am »

You have to be persistent with the agency and get them to talk to you. Just waiting does not get you anywhere, you need to get answers. You can find out everything is fine, you can find out the agency is a scam - you won't know until you go after them. I would ask the embassy directly. One thing is strange too - why have you applied for the visa in Spain? Usually, the visa application is sent to the embassy located in the home country of the requestor.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)